Sunday, January 31, 2010

Initial Data Collection Attempt

Well I finally got the webcam and the netbook into the car and starting doing video capture. The good news is, the suction cup mount on my $10 webcam is perfect for the windshield.


The bad news is, it turns out $10 webcams do not automatically adjust gain. Driving around during the day yields a time-lapse movie of what appears to be the afterlife. Here's a daytime driving still:


I see dead people! Twilight looks a little better:

But many of the stills have alot of blur in them, perhaps the low quality CCD has a slow shutter speed.

Maybe if I can find a software shutter speed control then I can both operate during the day and eliminate most of the blur. Otherwise, I'm going to have to pony up for a better camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment